The Smollett Hoax – America’s Long History of Hate Crimes and Fake Hate Crimes – Ep 72
The guys are back this week and they’re talking about the Jussie Smollett case. If you’ve been living under a rock and haven’t heard, Jussie, an actor on the popular show Empire, allegedly faked an assault/hate crime against him because he is unhappy with his Empire salary of $65,000 an episode. In this episode Matt and Tony give their opinion on the story and discuss some of the loopholes in Smollett’s testimony. Meanwhile, Empire has removed Jussie’s character from the last two remaining episodes of this season.
- [01:54] – Requirements to run for president
- [04:48] – The Smollett Case
- [10:52] – Awful execution of the attack
- [13:15] – The first big race crime hoax in the USA in 1863
- [13:45] – Miscegenation
- [21:00] – Jessie Anderson’s stabbing crime in 1992
- [26:42] – Morton Downey Jr.
The Takeaway – If you’re going to fake a crime, be smarter about it
Hollywood Improv Ticket Link: